- Published on Wednesday, 07 March 2012 09:29
- Written by Karen Gaspers
Butternut Squash Soup is delicious in season. Here's a recipe that includes cinnamon, courtesy of Chef Victor Ledezma at Severna Park's Café Bretton.
Butternut squash soup with cinnamon
5 lbs butternut squash
1 quart chicken stock
6 stalks celery, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups heavy cream
Sauté onion and celery in pan with butter until soft. Pour chicken stock into pan with celery and onion.
Peel butternut squash and remove seeds. Cut into quarters and place in large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and dust with a couple tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Mix together well.
Put squash mixture on baking sheet and bake for half an hour in 450-degree oven. If a knife inserted into squash cuts through easily, it's ready. Take from oven and put squash in pan with celery, onion, and chicken stock. Bring to boil and let boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit on burner to cool.
When cooled, put in a blender and blend until smooth. Put mixture back in pan on stovetop. Heat until hot. Add heavy cream. Heat through and serve with a dash of cinnamon on top.
- Recipe: The Holiday Turnip
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- A Seafood Thanksgiving: Oyster Stuffing Recipe
- Warm Up with Veggie Crock Pot Chili
- Recipe: Lentil Soup with Sausage and Kale
- Recipe: Crockpot Chicken & Wild Rice
- Indulge in Pumpkinmania with Bread Pudding
- What's in Season? Butternut Squash
- Football Game Day Eats
- Try Tabouleh and Tomatoes this Harvest Season
- In Season: Eggplant