- Published on Wednesday, 07 March 2012 09:29
- Written by Karen Gaspers
Butternut Squash Soup is delicious in season. Here's a recipe that includes cinnamon, courtesy of Chef Victor Ledezma at Severna Park's Café Bretton.
Butternut squash soup with cinnamon
5 lbs butternut squash
1 quart chicken stock
6 stalks celery, roughly chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups heavy cream
Sauté onion and celery in pan with butter until soft. Pour chicken stock into pan with celery and onion.
Peel butternut squash and remove seeds. Cut into quarters and place in large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, and dust with a couple tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Mix together well.
Put squash mixture on baking sheet and bake for half an hour in 450-degree oven. If a knife inserted into squash cuts through easily, it's ready. Take from oven and put squash in pan with celery, onion, and chicken stock. Bring to boil and let boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit on burner to cool.
When cooled, put in a blender and blend until smooth. Put mixture back in pan on stovetop. Heat until hot. Add heavy cream. Heat through and serve with a dash of cinnamon on top.
Recipes to Try
- Recipe: Zucchini Guacamole and Baked Vegetable Chips
- Recipe: Sweet summer treat! Blueberry crunch dessert
- Recipe: Foil-Wrapped Grilled Trout
- Recipe: Chesapeake Crab Puffs
- Recipe: Fast and Healthy Zucchini and Pesto Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Recipe: Strawberry, Pistachio, Pesto and Goat Cheese Pizza
- Recipe: Strawberry Pretzel Parfait
- Recipe: Easy and Healthy Strawberry, Apple and Oat Crumble Dessert
- Recipe: Perfect Pea Soup, Served Warm or Cold
- Good for the Environment Recipe: Broiled Halibut with Lemon, Dill and Cilantro
- Recipe: Asparagus Pasta Salad